Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Changes!

Hi all, it's been a few months since I last posted (and years before that). There have been some exciting and some sad things going on here. Exciting news: I am the proud owner of my very own TinLizzie LONGARM QUILTER!!!! I am so excited to get t up and running. Back in February the stitch regulator broke and I've had to order a replacement, which came last week!!



More news, one of my (4!) sisters just graduated with her BA in music and is moving in with my hubby and myself. We currently have a friend renting the other room in our 2 bedroom house, so my sister will be staying in the SEWING ROOM, out back. She is very excited to NOT share a living space with 4 cellphone obsessed young ladies. She will be traveling around the US this summer visiting our siblings in TX and MA, AND house/cat sitting for a friend in NJ. She moved all of her stuff in this week but the space was not ready for her (my bad?) so that is a project we need to tackle before she heads off on adventure.


Onward! I was able to participate in the annual Hands2Help charity quilt run this May, which is hosted and organized by Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I'll admit, the last time I participated I made the quilts from scratch just for this event. This year I pulled tops to be quilting (on the longarm!) from my stash of half finished quilts. These are the quilts I chose which will be going to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo. 







On that note we will move to the sad news. My loving grandmother was diagnosed with Leukemia back in September of 2016 and was told she would not make it to Christmas. Well she is a stubborn one and is still here! But, the treatments have stopped working and the only thing keeping her going is blood transfusions and will power. She is a GREAT lady. 





Photos taken May 19 2018, at my sisters baby shower, and Memorial day 2018.



Some of the quilt tops I have completed this year:





TTFN!


Follow me on Instagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment